Summer Tour 2017
The TFTBC Summer Tour offers young golfers the opportunity to experience tournament style golf competition. Summer Tour matches are stroke play events. High school boys play 18-hole rounds from the white tees, middle school players will play 9 holes from the gold tees and the girls will play from the red tees. Players will accumulate points based on the order of finish at each event. Season-ending awards for the division champions and runner-ups who will be recognized at the at the tournament dinner following the last event. The Summer Tour is open to First Tee and non-First Tee participants alike
Eligibility Requirements—Tour participants must be:
1) Age 12 or older (unless given a playing exemption by the TFTBC Tour Director)
2) Can score 54 strokes or less for 9 holes; 108 or less for 18 holes
3) Able to walk, carry/pull their own bag for 9 or 18 holes without assistance
4) Capable of maintaining a proper pace of play;
5) Proficient in keeping their own score along with that of a fellow competitor without assistance
6) Familiarity with the USGA Rules of Golf, and;
7) Able to conduct themselves in accordance with The First Tee Code of Conduct
2017 Summer Tour Schedule
- June 12–Ocean Ridge Plantation @ 1:00 p.m.
- June 19–Sandpiper Bay @ 1:06 p.m.
- June 26–Oyster Bay @ 1:32 p.m.
- July 10–Brunswick Plantation @ 12:20 p.m.
- July 17–Rivers Edge @ 1:06 p.m.
- July 24–Carolina National @ 12:30 p.m.
- July 31–Carolina Shores @ 12:04 p.m.
- August 14–Thistle @ 1:00 p.m.
The tour fee for all eight (8) rounds is just $25 for middle school players and girls and $45 for high school boys. Fees are due at time of registration. Payment may be made via credit card payment online after completing the registration for or by mailing a check to:
The First Tee of Brunswick County,
ATTN: Summer Tour, P.O. Box 1820,
Shallotte, NC 28470.
The registration deadline is Thursday June 8. Registrations after this date are subject to a $10 late fee.
REGISTER NOW AT
Please note that middle school participants who are transitioning to high school may register either as a middle school (9 hole rounds) or high school player (18 hole rounds)
For more information, contact Mike Gildea, Tour Director at firstname.lastname@example.org